Pages

Monday 16 December 2019

Day two/Activity 2: One Small Step for Man

For this activity, we needed to  imagine that we were Neil Armstrong. We needed to write a short poem describing how we felt when we first set foot on the moon. Neil Alden Armstrong as an American astronaut and the first person to walk on the Moon.He was also a naval aviator, test pilot, and university professor. I really thought about rhyme it and also making my words detailed.

Poem - I step on the moon and dust came up
             Not a single sound not a single mouse
             Each step left a footstep and eyer step
             Left a remarkable mark. I'm shocked
             I'm scared what planet did I land on
             I can't take another step someone take
             Me down I can feel like I'm drifting away
             And away take me back far away.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Angela! This is a really nice poem. I like the words you used, like 'remarkable' and 'drifting', it makes it much more descriptive. My favorite line had to be the last one, because it goes really good with the rest of the poem. It's a great way to end it too! Which is your favorite line? Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela!,
    What a great and descriptive poem you have wrote about imagining that you were Neil Armstrong and how you felt when you first stepped on the moon. I have enjoyed reading your poem and your rhymes. You have a great explanation about what you did for this activity. If you had the chance, would you like to go to the moon?

    Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Angela,

    Wow what a great poem you have written! I really like how you have included a lot of emotive words because I can imagine how you must be feeling as you step on the moon. You had me on the edge of my seat as your poem went on. I can’t imagine how scary it must be to be on the moon, being in a totally different environment and a place where there is zero gravity. I am interested, would you ever travel to the moon for fun? Imagine having your holiday breaks there!
    Keep up the amazing mahi :)

    Ngā mihi,
    Mani

    ReplyDelete