Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2019

Day 2 - Activity 1 - Bee Informed - Week 3


  • The word ‘bumblebee’ is a compound word (bumble + bee). The word ‘bumble’ means to move or act in a awkward way.
  • Bumblebees can fly very quickly. They can reach ground speeds of 15 kilometres per hour (km/h).

  • Bumblebees can do more work and carry more pollen than other bees, including honeybees. In fact, they can do up to 50 times as much work as a normal honeybee.
  • The number of bumblebees is declining in New Zealand due to a number of factors, including the removal of wildflowers and flowering tress

This week I needed to type all five sentences and then fill in the blanks for each one. This was all about bees this was hard and interesting as I got to learn different facts about bees. What is something you don't like about bees. One thing is that they can sting you.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Angela,
    Those are some pretty cool facts there! You have put in information which is very useful for people who want to learn more, Ka Pai!

    My favourite fact is how they can reach high grounds speeds which are way faster than what anyone can run. I'm not sure this information is correct, so you should check it and make sure it is right. I feel bad that bumblebees are declining due to removal of wildflowers and trees, because even though they are small, they do so much for us.

    Next time maybe you should confirm this information is correct and check where you got it from because some of this is incorrect.

    Happy Blogging
    Gargee HPS
    hpsgargeej.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Angela! Well done on posting more activities on the Summer Learning Journey programme. I was also able to learn something new doing this, which I like how you included in your blurb. I have similar answers and much others do as well, which means there is a high possibility we would be correct or at least wrong together. Have you ever been stung by a bee before? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good afternoon Angela.

    Wow I think we are catching up on commenting on your blog over here! Hope you can treat us to some more great writing.
    So bumblebees do up to fifty times more work than the normal honeybee? Amazing! When I think of a bumblebee, sometimes I think they're lazy. So this has proven me wrong. I also know they can go pretty fast. Sometimes if i see bees i drive as fast as I can so they don't go in my window!

    Talk to you a bit later
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete