Pages

Wednesday 17 January 2018

My Pepha

Ko ________________________ te maunga    The mountain that I affiliate* to is…

Ko ________________________ te awa          The river that I affiliate to is….

Ko ________________________ te waka The waka that I affiliate to is…

Ko ________________________ tōku tīpuna My founding ancestor is…
Ko ________________________ tōku iwi          My tribe is…

Ko ________________________ tōku hapu My sub-tribe is…

Ko ________EFKS Panmure____________ tōku marae My marae is…

Ko _________Samoa_______________ ahau I am from…
Ko_Sina_______ rāua ko ______Aisake_____ōku mātua  My parents are … and …

Ko ______________Angela__________ tōku ingoa. My name is …


I learnt how to write a pepeha what we had to do was we had to write a pepha i ues a template to help me some i did not fill because they didn't relate to me or my family.I think i did a great job my favouite part was learning new words.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Angela,
    It is so cool that you did learn new words. Way to go!
    A pepeha is about you acknowledging your ancestors and your history. By knowing your pepeha you are honouring your past and that empowers your sense of identity.
    I know that some aspects of it can be a bit trick to find out. When I did mine I did struggle a bit because I am originally form South America, so you can just imagine! However, I found a way to complete my pepeha to an acceptable degree of accuracy and proud. :0)
    In order for you to gain full points in this activity we need that you complete at least another 2 lines of your pepeha. Here is some tips:
    Ko __Medeiros Santos__ tōku iwi My tribe is… ( add both parents surname)
    Ko __Santos______ tōku hapu My sub-tribe is ( add your surname)

    Could you do that and let me know?

    Keep up the good work!
    Kia Kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete