Pages

Monday 11 March 2019

Self Evaluation

Self and Buddy Evaluation:



Punctuation
Vocab
Organisation
Sentence Structure
Structure and Language
Ideas
Self
R3
R4
R3
R4
R3
R4
Buddy
R4
R4
R3
R3
R3
R4


  • I have used Capital letters,Commas,Apostrophe and Full Stop. I needed to work
  • on using different punctuation. I think I need to write ideas in a more complex way
  • as I write my ideas in a simple way.My Sentences make sense but I think I needed
  • to works on add different types of sentences like Simple,Compound and Complex.
  • My ideas are in order but I needed to add more sentences and I needed to work on
  • linking my paragraphs together so they can flow.I
  • have used Topic words and Verbs but I think I need to work on using
  • more similes,metaphor,Alliteration and Adjectives.
  • I think Angela could works on add more and different punctuation.
  • I think Angela can work on writing her ideas in a complex way.
  • I think Angela could use some Alliteration to make her sentences more interesting .
  • I think Angela needs to work on making her paragraphs bigger and not repeating
  • information that have been already written
  • I think Angela needs to make her sentences make sense so the reader understands








Angela


What harm can plastic bags do to our environment?


Oh no not again plastic bag again! Did you know that it takes up to four hundred
years for a plastic bag to break down. That's a long time. Not only that but they
have used a plastic bag once and then they have thrown it into a bin. We needed to change
using these plastic bags because they can release deadly toxins and can lead to deadly chemicals.
In this explanation I will be talking to you about what are plastic bags,Where do
these plastic bags go and what happens to our sea creatures.


What are plastics bags? Plastic bags are bag that are made out of high-density
polyethylene. As you know we use these plastic bag to help us carry our groceries.
Plastic are great but they can harm our environment. Plastics bag were first invented in 1960’s. T
hese bags have been around for a long time. Some plastic bags have only been used once and have
been thrown into the trash which will go to landfill. Plastic bag are causing a lot of waste and kill a
lot of our sea creature.


What happens to our sea creatures?
When plastic ends up in the water it not only pollute the water but
it also kills our sea creatures. When plastic is in the water some creatures like
turtles think that it is a jellyfish when they eat the plastic bag’s they can choke and die.
Did you know that over 1 million marine animals are kill every year for eating plastic. This does
not only kill our animals but it also enters in our food chain. If you don’t stop using plastic bag you
could be kill all our sea creatures. I feel really sad if all our animals died.


Where do plastic go?
Plastic bag end up in the landfill so it can break down.Did you know that 200,000 plastic bag are
dumped into landfill every hour. In Australia they use 4 billion plastic bags each day. Plastic
bags are deadly for our environment. A way to solve this is by using a reusable bag that is made
out of thick pieces of fabric. It not only so safe but you can use over and over again as it only take
up to 1,000 for it to break down.


Now you have read my explanation do you now know why plastic bags are bad for our
environment. Remember it takes up to four hundred years for a plastic bag to break down. That's a long t
ime. Not only that but people have used a plastic bag once and then they have thrown it into a bin. Which
would then be taken to landfill. If you want out to be safe environment then use a reusable bag.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



After doing our writing sample we used our LS2 rubric to check our writing.Here are two rows which indicates me and my partners feedback about our writing. I was mostly at R3 but my goal is to be at  R5. The different aspects that we used to check our writing was Punctuation,Vocab,Origination,Sentences Structure,Structure and Language and Ideas. We needed to write what we needed to improve on and get our partner to write about what we needed to improve on as well. My partner was Avalon we first read through the explanation and then went and check for punctuation and do the same for the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment