Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Day 1 - Activty 1-The Legend of New Zealand

1. The Maori name of New Zealand is Aotearoa which means the land of the long white cloud.

2. New Zealanders are also called kiwis but kiwi is not a fruit. It is New Zealand’s native flightless bird.

3. To become a New Zealand citizen, you must swear an oath of loyalty to Queen Elizabeth.

This week I have been researching about the the Legend of New Zealand.
I have picked my top three facts that I found interesting about New Zealand. I went on a site that was provide my summer learning journey which was Tourism NZ website.



3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Angela,

    Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey! It is great to see that you have already done a lot of the activities! I will be reading all your Summer Learning Journey blog posts this summer and I can't wait to see all the awesome work that you do.

    Thanks for these great facts about New Zealand. We are so lucky to live in one of the most beautiful countries in the world.

    Keep up the awesome work! I will talk to you in your next post.

    Cheers,

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malo E Lelei Angela,

    Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey. It is great to see that your joining the SLJ program. I love the facts that you've added in. I can't wait to see you doing more activities during the school holidays. My favourite fact would be: New Zealanders are also called kiwis but kiwi is not a fruit. It is New Zealand’s native flightless bird. That is an amazing fact. What is your's?

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Angela,
    Thanks for completing this task and thanks a lot for sharing your advice and the information you have done. I have enjoyed every blog post you have done. Welcome to the summer learning Journey Angela. Its great to see that you are doing the tasks. I really like how you wrote 3 facts. I also like how you wrote what you have learned. Next time add a picture to your post.

    What is favorite fact?

    Joshua

    ReplyDelete