Pages

Sunday 23 December 2018

Day 3 - Activity 3 - The Midnight Zone - Week 2

This week  I needed to Solve a math problem. The math problem was A colossal squid can weigh as much as 495 kilograms (kg) the average adult can lift 25 kg and the average child can lift 15 kg. How many adults and children will it take to move the giant squid into its new room at Te Papa? This answer that I have came up with is it takes 21 children and 8 adults. Here is my answer in numbers
315+25+25+25+25+20+20+20+20+= 495. A colossal squid can be found Deep in the ocean, far below the surface.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Angela

    Great to see that you have been hard at work keeping your blog updated. You have put a lot of though into solving this problem. Well done, it wasn't easy.

    For my own learning can you please tell me how you got the first number of 315? I can't seem to work it out.

    Thanks,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela,
    I'm sure working out this maths problem was tricky. I wonder how you got 315 at the start?. Your blurb really tells me a lot about a Colossal Squid. Keep up the great learning!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela,

    Great try for working this problem out. It is pretty hard right. The image looks nice. Have you ever seen a squid before? How did you get 495 as your answer? Great working out.

    Keep it Up!

    ReplyDelete