Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Day 2 - Activity 3 - Weird and Wonder

This week I needed to Explain how to solve the maths problem. I can write my answer in words, use a Sketchpad image, or post a video explaining how you would figure it out. I needed to Be sure to give my final answer in millilitres (ml).


Let’s imagine that you are given a cactus for your birthday. To keep it alive, you must give it 3 ml of water every day. Over one full year, how much water will you need to give your cactus plant? You water your cactus 1095 times every day. I did this by multiplying 3 and 365. 365 is how many days in a year.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angela,

    What an amazing blog post from you. Nice thinking. I love the formula that you used, because I used that kind of formula too. What strategy this you use? Do you have any other ways for this answer? Have you ever seen a cactus plant? Where?

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete

  2. Kia Ora Angela,

    I’m Dani, a blog commenter for the Summer Learning Journey. I normally spend my time in the Kaikohekohe cluster but I have had the chance to keep out some amazing posts in the Manaiakalani cluster! I look forwarding to reading and commenting on Manaiakalani learner’s blogs!

    You have done a great job working out 3 mL x 365 days. The answer is 1095 mL which is the total amount of water you need to give your plant over the whole year. It could be the amount of times you water it if you water it 1 mL at a time but that seems like a lot of watering! With my cactus I only water it once a week so I don’t give it too much water.

    I look forward to reading more of your SLJ activities soon!

    Blog ya later,
    Dani

    ReplyDelete