Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Day 4 - Activity 2 - Pancakes and Maple Syrup?

Oka

Image result for oka samoan food

Ingredients-
Lemon
Coconut Cream(Me and My family use the Kara brand)
Salt
Cucumber,Tomato,Spring Onion
  1. Cut Raw Fish into cubes
  2. Add them to a bowl
  3. Cut Cucumber,Tomato and spring onion
  4. Add them to the same bowl that has the Raw Fish cubes
  5. In a cup mix lemon and water add a little bit of water as we want for lemon flavor
  6. Then in another bowl mix the Lemon that was made previously and mix it with Coconut Cream
  7. Add salt
  8. Then add the Coconut Cream and lemon and  into the bowl that has cucumber,tomato and spring onion 
  9. Let it chill in the fridge for an 1 hour
  10. Serve and Enjoy


For this activity I am asked to choose one of my favourite foods. On my blog, I need to write the name of your favourite food and then tell us how to make it. You may need to ask a family member, friend or Google (!) for help, if you do not normally make this food for yourself. My favorite food is oka. Oka is a Samoan traditional food that is mainly eaten on Sundays. It is mainly eaten on Sunday because it is a Samoan traditional church food that is served.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa lava Angela

    YUM! I really enjoyed reading about your favourite food. I love oka also, it is really refreshing. I have never tried to make it though. I’ll be sure to use your recipe as a guide. Thanks for the tip about what brand of coconut cream to buy. It’s always nice to have expert advice!

    Have you made oka before or is it something that an older family member is incharge of?

    Just a reminder, when you use a picture on your blog be sure to post the link to where you found it. We want to make sure the right people get the credit they deserve for their work! This link may be helpful if you haven’t done it before: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM/edit

    I can’t wait to read more of your blog posts,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malo E Lelei Angela,

    Oka sure sounds and looks "YUMM". We have something similar like that in Tonga but it's called Ota. When do you have "OKA". We have for special occasions. Thanks for sharing your learning about how to make OKA. The ingredients are listed perfectly too.

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Angela,
    Thanks for completing this task and thanks a lot for sharing your advice and the information you have done. I have enjoyed every blog post you have done. I really like your work. I really like how you like to talk about Raw Fish. Raw Fish is really nice. I also like how you choose to translate the word Raw Fish into your cultures word OKA. I also like how you post a picture so everyone knows what you are talking about.

    Have you ever made OKA/RAW FISH?

    Joshua

    ReplyDelete