Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Day 4 - Activity 1 - Scaling New Heights


  • Why did you want to Climb Mt Everest
  • If could bring back one memories what would it be
  • Why did you want to become Mountaineer
  • What was the best thing about being a Mountaineer
  • Once you return back form climbing Mt Everest how did you feel



This week I needed to post five questions that I would like to ask Sir Edmund Hillary about his life.Aotearoa New Zealand is a country of mountains and valleys, dense forests, and sparkling oceans. At the centre of the South Island sits the tallest mountain in the country, Aoraki Mt Cook. It is the place where Sir Edmund Hillary, the first man to reach the top (summit) of Mt Everest, learned how to climb mountains. It was pretty difficult for him, at first, but Sir Edmund Hillary did not give up and, in 1953, he achieved this dream of climbing Mt Everest. His face can now be found on the New Zealand $5 note!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Angela,

    My name is Hazel and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey team this year. I am so glad you've decided to join us as we learn all about the world around us!

    I really enjoyed reading your questions for Sir Edmund Hillary. I can tell that you put a lot of effort into them, and I liked that they were all open-ended questions - ka pai!

    Do you think that you would want to be a mountaineer? Why/why not?

    Keep up the awesome work; I can see that you've finished the first week of activities already! I look forward to reading more of your posts over the summer.

    Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela,

    "WOW" I am sure that Sir Edmund Hillary would love to answer these questions. My favourite is Why did you want to become Mountaineer. Where did you get these ideas of these questions from, because they sound really good. What is your favourite question? Do your siblings agree?

    NICE!

    ReplyDelete